Gear prices being updated right now 🙂
MUOC provides gear for your outdoors exploits, whether you’re heading out alone or with the club.
It’s expected that you treat the gear like your own. Returning late, dirty, wet, or mistreated gear will make us cranky!
Blockhouse Officers cannot hire out specialist gear (denoted by a *). For this equipment please contact the president or appropriate section rep.
- We accept cash only, paid at the time of hire
- You must be a current MUOC member to hire gear
- Gear may not be available for general hire if a club trip would require it at the same time
- Gear hire of $10 or more requires a $50 deposit
- Gear hire of $50 or more requires a $100 deposit
- Free gear hire (provided for certain club trips) requires a $50 deposit
- Deposits are refunded upon return of gear, see below for more details
- Gear return
- Members with overdue gear may lose the right to participate in Club activities.
- Gear not returned within two weeks of being due will incur a 50% late fee
- Gear not returned after 1 month of due date will be considered stolen; it will be reported to Monash University
- MUOC may refuse to accept the gear returns which have not been cleaned after use
- Gear loss and damage (beyond reasonable wear) may result in the loss of your deposit and a request for further payment to replace gear
- Fees may be waived at the discretion of the Gear Overlord